Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Into The Wild- Christopher McCandless

From reading the first couple chapters of Into the Wild, I find Chris McCandless, aka Alexander Supertramp, to be quite a fascinating individual. Although I can understand why some might argue that he is a reckless, irresponsible and conceited man, I actually think that he can be inspirational for what he was trying to do. He wanted to go out to the Alaskan wilderness and from what I think survive off of the land with almost nothing just for a while before returning back. And even though he didn't make it out alive, I believe that what he might have wanted to accomplish and show to others was inspiring and I don't think it's anyone else business to be mad about what he did because he just wanted to prove a point. He lived the life he wanted to and everyone has their own right to do what they want with their lives as long as it doesn't harm anyone. So with what I have just started to read, I think he can be seen as a passionate and great individual with hopes and dreams like many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment