Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Introduction of ME :)

Hello. My name is Nicole Werner, I'm half Chinese and half German, with a little bit of Hungarian, Romanian, French, and Czech. I'm from San Francisco and my first language was Cantonese. I have a younger brother, DJ, who is a junior in high school, and two older half sisters. I am a first generation college student and I chose to attend Notre Dame de Namur University because of the small class sizes/community, the surrounding of the campus, and for being a religious school, specifically Catholic; I believe in God very much so. I was also interested in how the people here are very friendly and supportive of each other. Some of the things that I enjoy to do include listening to music, signing, reading, writing, and drawing. My favorite movie is the Hunger Games. Some of my favorite books are Catcher in the Rye, the Great Gatsby, Into the Wild, Hamlet, the Hunger Games and plenty more. Music genres that I like are classical, pop, country, rock, and a little bit of rap. The only rappers that I really listen to are Eminem and Professor Green, but other than that, I don't listen to much rap. I typically like most songs that I hear within the genres that I mentioned. I also love to sing whenever and wherever; it's one of my biggest passion in life. I played badminton in high school my sophomore and junior year. My favorite television show is Bones, House, and Glee. I don't really watch t.v. much. I prefer to listen to music or write most of my free time. I like to write short stories and poems often. I enjoy meeting new people and exploring the beauty of nature. While attending NDNU, I am majoring in psychology and minoring in math. I'm also deciding to double major in music, but I'm not sure yet. So that's about it for me. My life is pretty boring in general but if you get to know me, it's not that bad.

2 comments:

  1. It's really good to know more Nicole.
    I would love to read some of your short stories, if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey nicole! i really liked reading your intro and i think its cool that your first language was cantonese!

    ReplyDelete